IBM Sterling B2B Integrator
Integrate your critical B2B processes, transactions and relationships
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator enables the security-rich integration of complex B2B processes, with diverse partner communities.
It provides a single, flexible B2B gateway that enables companies to meet a wide range of B2B integration needs. IBM Sterling B2B Integrator can improve business processes beyond enterprise boundaries and increase visibility into and across supply and demand chains.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator software helps companies execute a smarter commerce strategy by synchronizing virtually every part of the value chain. It addresses complex integration challenges, enabling you to connect your systems to those of your business partners. The approach enables you to automate business processes, providing visibility into actionable information that’s needed to better collaborate with partners and rapidly respond to customer expectations and demands.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator addresses key cross-business collaboration needs.
IBM Sterling B2B Integrator enables you to:
Improve business processes
- Gain visibility into business partner communities, regardless of the partner’s size, geography or choice of technology
- Manage and grow trading partner communities using one centralized system
- Use a graphical process modeling tool, a business process execution engine and process abstraction (layered modeling and component reuse) to support business processes
- Customize partner configurations
- Deploy digital certificates
Use security-rich integration
- Provide identity management features, including authorization and authentication
- Use a firewall configuration that adds layers of protection between a corporate intranet and a public network
- Use a role-based data access and system operation and a security-rich mailbox repository
- Provide security-rich data transport through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Shell/Secure File Transport Protocol (SSH/SFTP)
- Support data encryption through Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) and Pretty Good Privacy (PGP) technologies
Employ a range of communication methods
- Support a range of B2B communication protocols, including: web services (SOAP), S/FTP/S client and server, HTTP and HTTP/S, Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), Applicability Statement 1 (AS1), AS2, AS3, AS4, RosettaNet, Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning (WebDAV), Zengin TCP/IP and IBM Sterling Connect:Direct
- Use policy-based file transfers
- Work with file sizes of up to 50 gigabytes
- Provide Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) compatibility
- Enable “Always on” trading partner comms with an optional AS2 and AS4 high performance and high availability architecture
Manage data and applications
- Use a multipurpose data transformation engine that supports traditional electronic data interchange (EDI) and XML formats and Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) service
- Support IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender (WTX) translations and provide a graphic data mapping tool.
- Work with an integrated development environment (IDE) tool to create custom applications faster. Use a software development kit (SDK) toolkit to create your own adapters for systems
- Use a software development kit (SDK) toolkit to create your own adapters for systems
- Employ back-end connectivity adapters for enterprise applications, enterprise application integration (EAI) messaging platforms and various technology protocols and formats
High availability operations and disaster recovery
- Support a regional data center deployment strategy
- Route operational data to the nearest data center, then replicate in near real-time to another DC
- Choose asynchronous or synchronous data replication across data centers
- Isolate communications from core document or transaction processing
- Benefit from fault tolerant capability—no single point of failure
- Take advantage of an “always on” B2B platform. Benefit from high scalability across data centers
Work with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator Mobile
- Manage and monitor Sterling Integrator processes from a mobile device, including system status, database growth and average business process wait time
- Deliver alerts about Sterling Integrator resources, including system status, database growth and average business wait time
- Run or restart failed or halted business processes
- IInitiate key functions such as manage lock resolution for users and resources; initiate thread and heap dumps; and turn logging on and off
Contact B2B Next if you have questions or need more information about IBM B2B Integrator.