IBM Sterling Fullfilment Optimizer with Watson
See how you can reduce the total cost-to-serve with last mile intelligent fulfillment
IBM Sterling Fulfillment Optimizer with Watson is a cognitive analytic engine that enhances existing order management systems. It provides a “big data brain” to order management and inventory visibility systems that are already in place with retailers who have eCommerce fulfillment capability.
With Fulfillment Optimizer, retailers are better able to understand and act on changes in the market as they occur – to perfectly balance protecting margins, utilizing store capacity and meeting delivery expectations. These sourcing decisions can dramatically increase profits, especially during peak periods.
What can Fullfilment Optimizer do for your business?
IBMs´Watson Order Optimizer provides Fulfllment Operations teams with capabilities to optimize against competing business objectives such as now and where customers want orders shipped, time-to-delivery, and cost. With Order Optimizer, fulfillment executives can leverage advanced analytics to help them make real-time optimization choices that maximize capacity, while reducing shipping costs. These more informed sourcing decisions can dramatically increase profits, especially during peak periods. Order Optimizer helps retailers to understand and act upon changes in the market as they occur to perfectly balance between protecting margins, utilizing store capacity, and meetig customer delivery expectations.
IBW Watson Order Optimizer dashboard
- Easily execute optimized fulfillment plans at the lowest cost-to-serve
- Prove out fulfillment scenarios prior to go-live to ensure improved performance
- Scale existing fulfillment capacity to accommodate increased customer demand
- Leverage real-time sourcing flexibility to make better use of ‘at risk’ and returned inventory
- Gain a better understanding of the impact of Omnichannel decisions across eCommerce, Merchandising, Logistics, Store Operations, and Supply Chain
Enhances your order management solution
Order Optimizer is designed to integrate with any order management solution, making it easy to apply advanced analytics and real-time optimization to your existing capabilities. A proven order anagement platform that provides intelligent fulfillment capabilities along with real-time order promising and inventory visibility, is the enabler for Omnichannel Commerce. However, to improve profitability, Fulfillment
Practitioners need a cognitive solution that can easily utilize multiple data points to execute optimized fulfillment plans at the lowest cost to serve.
Evaluate cost, capacity, margin results
- Understand and evaluate factors impacting fulfillment performance down to the individual SKU and node level
- Identify and continuously monitor patterns and trends across both normal and peak business periods
- Adjust proactively through actionable insights when performance differs from expected results
- Utilize inventory at its most profitable price point
- Prioritize slow moving or obsolete store inventory to support e-Commerce demand
- Improve inventory sell-through
Real-time order sourcing & optimization
- Execute new sourcing decisions in real-time to minimize shipping costs
- Balance across different business priorities based on time of year (peak, non-peak) while reducing cost-to-serve
- Leverage cognitive capabilities to continuously learn and improve outcomes for Omnichannel fulfillment
- Optimize transportation costs and SLA at time of selecting sourcing node
- Intelligent weight allocation
- Intelligent upgrade and downgrade to optimize customer satisfaction and lower cost
- Automatic order splitting to reduce costs
- Ability to optimize delivery dates
- Includes order processing labor rates as part of the calculation to present a full cost picture
Contact B2B Next if you have questions or need more information about IBM Sterling Fulfillment Optimizer with Watson.